Square Wine Glass Coasters
Price of Item: $2.50 - $10
1. Start by cutting a square of fabric for each coaster. The size will pretty much depend on how large the base of your stemware is. I recommend you make a sample first and then adjust (larger or smaller) according to the size of your glass. Somewhere between 8" and 10" would be best.
2. Fold the square diagonally in half, right sides together. Stitch along short edges to close, using a 1/4" seam allowance and leaving an opening to turn (about 1.5"). Clip the corners and turn the piece right side out. Make sure to push well enough to obtain nice, sharp corners. Press. (Don't worry about closing the opening - it will be closed later.)
3. Bring one of the corners up straight to the 45 degree corner and press.
4. Repeat with the other side. You should now have a square, with a diagonal opening down the middle.
5. Top-stitch close to the edge, along all four sides. And that's all there is to it!
Sew as many more as you like to make a complete set!
squares of fabric
Where to Buy:
WalMart, Country Heart Quilters, Michaels, Joann Fabrics