Magnetic Notepad and Pen Set
Price of Item: $4.00
1. Cut one piece of cardboard to 5‘ x 7 1/2‖ and the second piece to 7 1/4‖ x 4 3/4‖
2. Cut one piece of fabric to 11x8 and the second to 6x7
3. Cut polyester batting to 7 1/4 x 4 3/4
4. Glue cotton batting to one side of 5 x 7 1/2 cardboard
5. Place fabric (outside up) over the cotton batting and turn the whole piece over to glue the fabric to the back. (Don‘t worry - it should look unfinished at this point.)
6. Fold one (4 x 3/4) side of the second piece of fabric down to form about 1‘ hem, then glue the hem down. Make sure to fold the hem to give the outside of the fabric a finished look. This piece will be the pocket of the magnetic holder
7. Place the ‗pocket‘ right side out over the bottom half of the first piece of cardboard (which is now covered in fabric). Flip the whole thing over and glue the pocket down in the back. Glue the two sides and bottom to form the pocket
8. To finish the back - Glue the second piece of cardboard (7 1/4 x 4 3/4) over the unfinished edge.
9. Peel the paper from the back of the 2 magnets and attach them to the back of the notepad holder. You can reinforce if you like by gluing them.
10. Glue decorations to the front. Make sure you leave an area for the notepad. The decorations will show up best in the margins. Place a heavy book on the holder and wait for the glue to dry.
11. Make a notepad out of a small stack of computer paper. Cut the paper into smaller pieces and then staple together at the top. Then slide half of the stack into the pocket and leave the rest to be seen outside. Add a pen!
Pencil, ruler, tacky glue, 2 pcs. of cardboard, 2 pcs. of fabric (less than 1/4 yard), 1 package of scrap-
Where to Buy:
Dollar Store, WAL*MART, Hannaford, almost anywhere - including around your house or